Saturday, March 19, 2011

vic davalillo – 4


This card is another snooze fest. I guess this was taken at Shea Stadium, but I can’t be sure. I think almost all of the Cardinals (excuse me Cards) are taken in Shea in this set. Some of them are good cards (Dal Maxvill for example) and some are not.


Like this one.

I do not recall which card is the coolest card of Davalillo. My guess is the 1979, but using a card from the late 70’s is lame when he has been in cards since 1964. The 1970 is not too bad, and the 1972 is cool, but only because it is a high number. I think I used the 1973 because I had it accessible. I have the 1970, but it is in rough shape, and I do not have the 1972, so the 1973 was the one I used. So what does this mean?

I have had a solitaire draft league in one incarnation or another since I was a kid. The most recent and currently operating league started using the 1950 season. I am currently on hiatus and stalled prior to the opening of the 1986 season. To keep track of the teams and the players, I use baseball cards in flip boxes, so I can look at a given team during the season. So every player needs a card in the league. Once the player retires, the card goes back in the book or wherever else it is stored. So Davalillo was in my league from 1963 or so until 1980. It probably took me three or four years to play that many seasons, so Davalillo was in my league for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment